7/29 – Hiiraan.com: Journalist to serve 6 months jail term over COVID19 reporting in Somalia
7/28 – AlJazeera.com: ‘No longer at a crossroads’: S Africa’s enduring COVID-19 battle
7/28 – Hiiraan.com: Somalia downplays EU criticism over ouster of former leader
7/28 – CNN.com: Exclusive: Russia prepares for world’s first approval of a Covid-19 vaccine by mid-August, but questions remainMillions of Syrians call Turkey home. An economic crisis is turning them into scapegoats
Latest News – Somalia
- Somalia: Mandera Youths Cross Into Somalia to Join Al-Shabaab AllAfrica – Top Africa News
- Somalia claims army gains the upper hand in war on Al-Shabaab Garowe Online
- Somaliland’s Berbera Airport being spruced to match the best in Africa Uganda
- Somalia partners ‘regret’ failure to achieve universal suffrage in FGS-FMS deal Somaliaffairs
- Heavy fighting in central Somalia as army pushes Al-Shabaab out of villages Somaliaffairs
Latest from allAfrica.com
- [Addis Standard] In her latest message on global human rights update Michelle Bachelet, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, said her office was ready to support a thorough investigation in to the June 29 assassination of prominent Oromo artist Haccaaluu Hundessa.
- [GroundUp] The Umgungundlovu community, located in Xolobeni in the Eastern Cape, has won an important case in the Gauteng High Court that enables communities to meaningfully consult with companies that want to conduct mining operations in areas where they live or work.
- [Swazi Media] The families of ten girls, mostly aged 11 to 16, who were killed in a road accident while being transported on the back of a truck ‘like cattle’ during the Reed Dance for King Mswati III in 2015 have received no financial compensation for their death.
- [Malawi News Agency] Lilongwe — Mindful that some farmers cannot buy fertilizer even at K4,495.00 a bag, two agricultural-based organisations, Yara International and Bayer Limited have ganged up to distribute free fertilizer and seed respectively to at least 50, 000 vulnerable farmers in the country.
- [Nation] At least three youths from Mandera County have crossed into Somalia and joined Al-Shabaab, North Eastern Regional Commissioner Nick Ndalana has revealed during a security meeting.
Latest US News – CNN