7/29 – Hiiraan.com: Journalist to serve 6 months jail term over COVID19 reporting in Somalia
7/28 – AlJazeera.com: ‘No longer at a crossroads’: S Africa’s enduring COVID-19 battle
7/28 – Hiiraan.com: Somalia downplays EU criticism over ouster of former leader
7/28 – CNN.com: Exclusive: Russia prepares for world’s first approval of a Covid-19 vaccine by mid-August, but questions remainMillions of Syrians call Turkey home. An economic crisis is turning them into scapegoats
Latest News – Somalia
- Somalia: Here Is What Wadajir Party ‘Lost’ When Government Forces Attacked Their Offices in Dec 2017 – AllAfrica.comSomalia: Here Is What Wadajir Party ‘Lost’ When Government Forces Attacked Their Offices in Dec 2017 AllAfrica.com
- Somalia: Germany Contributes €7.2 Million for the Delivery of Health Sevices Bolster the Covid-19 Emergency Response – AllAfrica.comSomalia: Germany Contributes €7.2 Million for the Delivery of Health Sevices Bolster the Covid-19 Emergency Response AllAfrica.com
- Somalia: DPM Meets Ugandan President, Discuss Bilateral Relations AllAfrica.com
- India working on relief, return of 33 Indians stuck in Somalia: Jaishankar The Hindu
- Lewiston man gets more than two years in prison for crack dealing The Bethel Citizen
Latest from allAfrica.com
- [Premium Times] Fifteen years after six young Nigerians were murdered by police officers, the man accused of ordering the killings remains free.
- [Daily News] WITH less than a week remaining before the highly-anticipated General Election, China has called on all nations to respect the non-interference principle in other countries’ internal affairs.
- [New Times] President Paul Kagame has called on the African Union Commission and African Union Member states to accelerate consultations on aspects of the reforms process such as division of labour.
- [World Bank] The community in Enda-Mokoni Woreda in Tigray Regional State in Ethiopia, has long relied on natural spring water from the May-Muk micro watershed for daily water needs and to irrigate crops. But since the 1970s, increased demand for farmland, firewood and other natural resources degraded the watershed, threatening livelihoods and the community’s water […]
- [allAfrica] As of October 23, the confirmed cases of Covid-19 from 55 African countries have reached 1,676,284. Reported deaths in Africa have reached 40,697, and recoveries 1,383,377.
Latest US News – CNN