- KDF forces ambush Al-Shabaab in Mandera near Somalia border Garowe Online
- Townsend wraps up East Africa trip after US troops exit from Somalia Garowe Online
- Ugandan Airstrikes in Somalia Kill 189 Al-Shabab Fighters Voice of AmericaUgandan army says it has killed 189 al Shabaab fighters in Somalia ReutersUgandan troops in Somalia say 189 extremists killed in raid Minneapolis Star TribuneUgandan forces in Somalia kill […]
- UAE opens kidney dialysis centre in Hargeisa, Somaliland – Somalia ReliefWeb
- Three Al-Shabaab militants killed in U.S. military airstrikes in Somalia cgtn.com
Latest from allAfrica.com
- [ODI] A new report from global think-tank ODI sheds light on the need to strengthen sustainable climate services across Africa if ambitions for effective climate adaptation are to be realised.
- [IPS] Likuangole — Located in Jonglei state, one of the most underdeveloped regions of South Sudan, Likuangole is a town badly hit by floods and often battered by conflict. Despite the lack of secondary schools and industry, its residents aspire to transform their lives. But real investment is needed to spur development.
- [Democracy Works] Social partners involved in SA's social dialogue have not been diverse enough, and so decisions often do not have broad societal buy-in.
- [DW] The French anti-terror mission Barkhane is losing support in Mali, as reflected in recent protests in the capital, Bamako. Attitudes to the former colonial power are ambivalent amid deteriorating security.
- [Thomson Reuters Foundation] The blockchain-based technology helps struggling families afford the essentials and avoid becoming victims of loan sharks
Latest US News – CNN